16 Feb 92% of adults have tooth decay
Unhealthy mouth makes unhealthy body
Despite this reality, these are the chilling facts:
- 92% of adults between 20-64 have had some form of tooth decay in their adult teeth.
- Over 1 in every 4 adults in that same age range have current, untreated decay. (In the United States, that’s 53 million people.)
- On average, those adults have more than 3 missing or decayed adult teeth and more than 13 missing or decayed tooth surfaces.
- 25% of seniors 65+ have lost all their teeth because of oral diseases that went untreated for too long, including tooth decay.
- Almost half of kids 2-11 have developed tooth decay in baby/primary teeth.
- 23% of those kids live with untreated tooth decay in baby teeth.
- About 17% of youth 5-19 years old live with untreated tooth decay.
Sources: CDC, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Public Health Reports
Why should we use fluoride free toothpaste? Choose the best kids natural toothpaste.
Because it is the same reason that we don’t use laundry detergent to wash our mouth.
Are you still willing to use the poison to protect your mouth?